Congratulations to the Winners!
The Academic Technology department in conjunction with the Academic Affairs Office is pleased to announce course redesign stipends for Fall courses. We are accepting proposals for 10 stipends to fund the design or redesign of an online course. The successful applicants will commit to a process that will review the current course and work with the Instructional Designer to implement the changes as agreed upon. Courses will be designed in Blackboard Ultra.
Complete the application by January 15th, 2023 (Application period has closed.)
• Complete the Digital Teaching and Learning asynchronous course during the Spring semester (10 modules approx.
3 hours). Throughout the course there are assignments to submit that will guide the design process. Examples of
these assignments are:
• Completion of Course Developer Course Map
• Development of a learner-centered syllabus
• Linking of course outcomes to specific assessments
• Identify and develop appropriate learning activities to support the course
• Reviewing the courses based on the Blackboard Exemplary Course Rubric
• Meet with an Academic Technology team member to discuss the design during the Spring semester.
• Be available for the occasional questions during the summer semester
• Review final course prior to August 1st and provide feedback to the Academic Technology instructional designers.
• Complete a survey after the design is complete.
• After course offering, meet with Instructional Designer to evaluate course.
• Up to 10 course re-designs awards will be announced on January 16, 2023.
• Each faculty member will receive $2000 award after the completion of the course design. (The Digital Teaching and
Learning course must be completed prior to May 15, 2023)
Effectiveness of the course redesign efforts will be based on the following:
• IDEA Course Evaluations
• Course design Survey
• Analysis of DFW data of the course