Please register using the link below and download the lab usage directions before entering the studio.
Respondus Monitor is a companion application for LockDown Browser that uses webcam and video technology to prevent cheating during online exams. Respondus Monitor integrates seamlessly with learning management systems, and is ideal for non-proctored testing environments.
System Requirements (Students)
- Windows: 10, 8, 7
- Mac: OS X 10.10 or higher
- iOS: 7.0+ (iPad only)
- Adobe Flash Player (bundled with the LockDown Browser installation)
- Web camera (internal or external) & microphone
- A broadband Internet connection
Using Respondus Monitor (Students)
You may be required to use LockDown Browser with a webcam, which will record you during an online, non-proctored exam. (The webcam feature is referred to as “Respondus Monitor.”) The computer requirements are listed above. If an exam requires LockDown Browser and a webcam, the guideline in Respondus LockDown “Taking A Test Using LockDown Browser” section. At this point the Startup Sequence for the webcam begins.
- The Webcam Check will confirm that your webcam and microphone are working properly. The first time the Webcam Check is performed on a computer, Adobe Flash Player will require you to select Allow and Remember.
- The remaining steps of the Startup Sequence will depend on settings chosen by Jacksonville University and/or your instructor. Follow the instructions and note your progress along the top of the screen.
- If you encounter a problem, select the It’s not working link for troubleshooting tips.
- The test will begin after the Startup Sequence is complete. You cannot exit LockDown Browser until the test is submitted for grading.
The one-button studio is found on the main floor of the Swisher Library. This is a simple to use recording studio that enables students to record video in a few easy steps. Please download the studio instructions for usage below to get acquainted with the equipment and software.
Within the one-button studio there is a workstation that allows 2 broadcast quality microphones to record a podcast or simply an audio segment for an assignment. Please download the instructions below to get acquainted with the equipment and software.